Art & Gourmet Getaway (Basque Country)
Art and flavors from Bilbao to San Sebastian
Main cities you will visit: Bilbao, San Sebastián.
Nearest airport: Bilbao
Dates: Valid in 2013 (Under request)
Beginning tour in: Bilbao
Enging tour in: San Sebastian
The trip starts in Bilbao, a city with plenty of charisma and personality, tradition and avant-garde at once, and host to one of the most exciting museums in the world: the breathtaking Guggenheim Museum designed by the renowned arquitect Frank O. Gehry, and to another museum, located nearby, the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, with fascinating works of art. The journey continues to San Sebastian, without doubt one of the most beautiful cities opening to the world with the great La Concha Bay. San Sebastian, the city with the most Michelin stars per square meter in the world, has many internationally acclaimed chefs. You will discover the cooking secrets of expert chefs and taste memorable dishes. Besides, you will have the chance to visit a winery producer of the local wine Txacoli, as well as savor the authentic Idiazabal cheese directly in the cheese factory, timeless prints of the gastronomic Basque culture.
Finally, a stroll through the city will give the opportunity to feel the universe of Eduardo Chillida, one of the greatest exponents of Basque and European 20th Century avant-garde art. This sculptor dared to tame iron, create spaces of air and establish a dialogue with stones.
- Car rental or chauffeured driven private transport. Please contact us if required.
- Private cultural visit in Bilbao and/or San Sebastian, with local guide.
- Services subject to availability
- Flight tickets, land transport, drinks or meals not clearly specified or any other service not clearly specified in "This program includes", are not included.
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
- 1 night accomodation in 5* Hotel in the center of Bilbao. Double Standard room. Breakfast included.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in 4* Hotel in San Sebastian. Double Standard room. Buffet Breakfast included.
- Entrance to the emblematic Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
- Visit to an Idiazabal Cheesery. Entrance fee to the Cheese Interpretation Center and cheese tasting included.
- Visit to a Txacoli winery. Wine tasting included.
- Guided Pintxos Tour. Tapas tasting paired with Spanish wines.
- 1 Dinner in a prestigious 3 Michelin-starred restaurant. Tasting Menu.
- Cooking Class of Basque cuisine (half-day) followed by a Gourmet lunch (beverages included).
- Emergency contact phone number available during the trip 24h a day.
- Reservation fees.
- Travel documentation.
Others suggested travels