Flavours of Toscana
Discover Italy’s most beautiful region!
Dates: Under request
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
The spectacular landscape composed of hills, olive trees, vineyards, fruit-bearing trees and cypresses defines to perfection the majesty of this territory, splashed with castles and medieval towns. Cradle of humanism and Renaissance, it has given names to those who have written some of the best masterpieces of literature, science, arts (Dante, Bocaccio, Miguel Ángel, Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo, among many others).
There are so many temptations that the visitor will never be able to refrain; Pisa with its "Campo de los Milagros", the incomparable city of Siena with the most spectacular cathedral of the Toscana, Florence, unique in the world and other cities that will not stop suprising you.
Wine is an authentic expression of what Toscana is; a region that is not only strongly established in its identity and tradition, but it is also prepared to be renewed by the challenges of innovation. The principal grape of the Toscana is San Giovese. 72% of the region is red wine.
The Toscana region produces the following categories of wines: Chianti, Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalsino, Rosso di Montalsino, Vino Noble di Montepulciano and the famous "Supertoscanos". These are wines produced in Chianti’s zone but they cannot be called Chianti because the mixture of the grapes (generally Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon) does not adjust to the requirements of the Italian entity that classifies wines by categories. They are usually very strong wines, of high cost, which need decantation several hours before consuming them. Some of them are considered the best wines of Italy
Our 4 days, 3 night program goes through the most authentic regions of the Toscana. It is a trip that we believe you will never forget. You will have the opportunity to visit incredible vineyards and some of the most beautiful towns of Chianti.
- Deluxe Wine tour in helicopter . If interested, please contact us.
- Program based on a minimum of 4-6 people.
- Program subject to availability
- Flight tickets not included, drinks not included, meals not specified not i ncluded and any other services cleary specified in "this program includes" not included.
- Reservation fees not included.
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
- 3 nights accommodation in a magnificent Relais & Chateau **** surrounded by vineyards, olive trees and a beautiful landscape in the heart of Chianti (15 km away from Siena and one hour aprox. away from Florence). Breakfast included. The hotel is in the "top 25" resorts of Europe "Conde Nast Traveller 2008" and "Top 50" restaurants of the world "Conde Nast Traveller 2008". The hotel has a Wellness center specialized in wine therapy. It also has its own winery which produces Chianti Classico and Montalcino wines, among others.
- Access to swimming pool, gym, tennis courts, "pitching & putting green" and posibility of hiring a bike.
- Cooking class (typical Tuscan cuisine) given by a renowned chef in the restaurant of the Relais & Chateau (which has been awarded with international prizes). Lunch included.
- Guided visit to the hotels’ cellars with wine tasting included.
- One day tour (7 hours) with private transport, to choose between: Chianti Classico North, Chianti Classico South or Brunello di Montalcino. Lunch included.
- Travel documentation.
Others suggested travels